Saturday, July 23, 2011

Soccer Nut!

Isn't this image just too cute?!? He is a Soccer Nut. =) Just makes me laugh! This sweet little guy is from Bugaboo Stamps. I have had him for a long time and never used him - well, today was his lucky day. The layout for this card came from Stamp, Scrap and Doodle. Now remember I am on the DT for Send A Smile 4 Kids and we are still having our Teenage Boy challenge. This is a perfect card for that. At Cute Card Thursday they also wanted to see a male project. At the Catch The Bug challenge and Tuesday Throwdown challenge they both wanted to see metal, the long rectangle things are metal brads. They have been in my stash for years.
At Fussy and Fancy they wanted to see summer. Punches or dies were wanted at Totally Gorjuss. At Our Creative Corner this week they have a "B" theme - black, bling, buttons (the soccer balls are buttons), and a bow (a knot was more in order for a boy). Finally, over at Play Date Cafe they have a color challenge, black, white, plus one color. I did have to use brown for the nut but that really is his "skin" color so my other color was green. =) Thanks so much for stopping by and I wish you a wonderful day!

10 comments:

Always with a Sentiment said...

Brilliant Sarah, absolutely brilliant. Wonderfully co-ordinated, great embellishments and that fab image. Happy crafting.
With love, Sandra xxx

Linda said...

Hi Sarah this is so adorable! I just love what you did with the sketch. Your image is so sweet! Thank you so much for joining us at SSDS this week. I don't know what is wrong with Mr Linky. I tried to fixed it today but nothing. Please check back please.

Thanks for the sweet comment on my cards.
Hugs,
Linda

Fiona said...

This is such a great fun boys card Sarah :) Thanks for playing along at the Play Date Cafe!

Lisbeths kort og scrap said...

I TOTALLY LOVE this card ( I have a soccerboy in the house, and yes; he is nuts about soccer - and isn't summer aoccerboys' favouriteseason...)
Georgeous card, lovely details!
Good luck at Fussy and Fancy.
Hugs from Lisbeth

Colleen Dietrich said...

What a wonderful boys card! Very cute. THanks for sharing it with us at THe Play Date Cafe!

Cheryl First said...

Way to mix those challenges up! I love the bg paper!! Super cute card!

Benzi said...

Soccer Nut is sure a cutie and you've used some super dp to go with him. Your metal brads are great for the Tuesday Throwdown challenge and we're so glad you joined us this week.

Andrea Ewen said...

What a fun soccer card! That image is sweet and those brads are awesome! Thanks for playing along with us this week at the Play Date Cafe!

Lori said...

Very cool Sarah! You're right, this is perfect for a teenage boy. Great job combining all of those challenges. Thanks for making Catch the Bug one of them. Good luck in the prize drawing and I hope you join us again.
Lori

Stephanie said...

Sarah, this is awesome! Love what you did with our challenge this week at Catch the Bug!