Sunday, March 6, 2011

Never Ending Card

Have you seen one of these cards? The other day was the first for me and I was so shocked!! I saw a video from Dawn's Stamping Studio. I needed a Get Well card for a 15 year old teenage boy who was struck by a car this week. I feel so badly for the family and him that I just wanted to do something. When I saw over at Order of the Opus Gluei challenge this week they wanted us to try something new. Well, that started this project. This is the front of the card.
Fold open to reveal the first inside.
The next time you will fold up and down the reveal another inside. It didn't want to stay open for a picture.
Finally, the last one is to reveal the back. That is where I will be writing my note to this boy and family.
15 years old is a hard age. I choose this stamp set from Clear Dollar Stamps. The set is called Rock On. The sentiments are from a set called Get Well Critters. Most teenagers love music so I thought maybe he would like this. At Stampin' B's they are looking to see music things for their challenge. This boy is in for a long hard recovery so I wanted to send him something to let him know people are praying for him. Thanks for stopping by and I hope to you have a great day!

7 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Very clever idea! Cute!!!

Jana said...

This is a fan-freakin-tastic card. I have seen these before, but have been too chicken to try. You have inspired me to think that now I can do it too. Love the music theme. Perfect for a teenager. I also LOVE that you made it for someone who really needs a pick-me-up right now. Thanks so much for playing with us at OPUS GLUEI. It's always so much fun seeing your wonderful creations.

Electra said...

Wow, this is amazing. I wouldn't know where to start! It's terrific!

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Sarah. Wow, what can I say but BRILLIANT. You are just amazing. Happy crafting.
Love Sandra xxx

Rosemary said...

Sarah, this is a fantastic card! I've never seen one of these before, but I love all the details! I agree that creating something for a teenager is hard, let alone one who is having a painful time of it. I think he is going to really like this, and I think it will buoy his spirits (and his family's) to know you created something from your heart.

Thank you for participating with us at Opus Gluei!

Benzi said...

OMG, this is just awesome. I would love to try this...when time allows. LOL This is just super for a teenage boy. So glad you joined the Stampin'B's music challenge this week so we could see this great card.

Deena said...

These are such fun cards to make. I made a few of them at Christmas and they are such a hit! Nice work on yours.