Thursday, May 14, 2015

I see the stars...


WooHoo!  I got mail today.  I received two new stamp sets from Our Daily Bread.  I won a $25.00 gift certificate from their store and had such a tough time deciding what sets I wanted most.  I finally decided on the sets How Sweet the Sound and How Great Thou Art.  The card below was made using a stamp from the How Great Thou Art.  Does this make you start singing?  It sure does me. I used an old Sizzix die to cut the star and then made a shaker box.  Lots of fun silver sparkle on this card.
Below is the inside of the card.  I used the star on the inside.  I'm wishing I would have put a star brad in the center or the star.  I'm going to try and pull it off and see if I can do that.  I think it needs a little silver on the inside. 
I would like to submit this card into these challenges:
Fab 'n' Funky - Tag on it
WordArt Wednesday - Uplifting
Really Reasonable Ribbon - Red, White, and Blue
Simply Create Too - Favorite Color Combo 

12 comments:

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Sarah! Your card is absolutely FABULOUS, and I love the patriotic theme. It's just awesome. Thanks SO MUCH for sharing this in our challenge this week. I'm always SO incredibly grateful to have you play along with us. Have a blessed week.
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

P.S. This card would be PERFECT for our new challenge at Really Reasonable Ribbon, and I'd love to have you link it here if you will.

http://reasonableribbon.blogspot.com/search/label/challenges

Jacee said...

Fabulous design, lovely!
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Charity Morris-Chamberlain said...

Gorgeous creation!! I am in love with your patriotic theme and all the layers, patterns, and elements! I also love the star aspect!! Stunning! So glad you shared it with us at Word Art Wednesday! Such a blessing! Thank you so much for stopping by! Have a wonderful day! Charity - DT Member Word Art Wednesday

Graciellie Design said...

Hi Sarah! Congratulations on winning the gift certificate! I love how used the sentiment and the patriotic theme! Wow, what a gem of a card. Thanks for sharing it with us at Our Daily Bread Designs. Hugs, Gracie.

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...this is over the top fabulous! I love all your wonderful stars and that patterned paper is amazing. Just love it. Thanks for joining us at Simply Create Too!

Karen Letchworth said...

Hello again, Sarah. I'm so glad you've chosen to link up your fabulous patriotic card in our challenge. I love seeing all your sweet creations. have a blessed week.
Karen
Really Reasonable Ribbon

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is a stunning patriotic card Sarah!! I just love the shaker design and your take on the sketch with all the different patterns and elements!! Thanks for joining us at ODBD!!

Pat K said...

Stunning card, wonderful design. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky this week. Pat K x

cghundley said...

Very pretty, love
the shaker!

Check out my entry to
Really Reasonable Ribbon
at https://www.pinterest.com/cghundley/my-creations/
Carla from Utah

Teresa said...

wow i love that you added that cute shaker box to the center of your card, it's so cute!! Thank you too for sharing it with us on the Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge for this month :)
Teresa

Bonnie Garby said...

What a wonderful card Sarah! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge.I am now your newest follower and would love it if you visited my Make Time To Craft Blog and became a follower too.

cherry said...

This is gorgeoous....love it!!! Thanks for playing with us at RRR!