Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Freedom

I have a newphew that is in the Navy.  He is going to be deployed again soon and his Mom is making him a deployment box.  She has asked several people to send a card with some encouraging words.  Then when he is gone he will be able to open a letter whenever he is feeling down.  I choose to make him a card using the Doodle Pantry digital set called USA Freedom.
On the inside of my card I have added the second part of the above sentiment.  I hope my card will brighten one of his long days. 
I would like to submit this card into these challenges:
Cuttin' and Stampin' - Memorial Day
Created with Love - Lots of Layers
A Gem of a Challenge - Favorite Color Combo (I love red, so anything with red)
Pumpkin  Spice - Thinking of You

10 comments:

Joanna M. said...

I love how this card is decorated ... both inside and out!

Kelly Lloyd said...

Brilliant design
Thanks fornjoining us at a gem of a challenge
Hugs Kelly

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

Awesome! Thanks so much for playing along over at Cuttin' and Stampin'!

hugs,
Jo:)
Cuttin' and Stampin' DT Orange Team

Debbie said...

Wow! Wonderful card for your nephew!!
I love how you popped up "freedom"!!

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Wonderful use of DP Patriotic colors red/white/blue. Thank you for entering Cuttin' & Stampin' Memorial Day Ch 14-20. My brother was in the Navy and was on submarines. When he finished his Navy time in submarines he was assigned to the White House during Pres Clinton time. He is now retired from the Navy.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
Cuttin' & Stampin' DT Orange Team

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Stopped back again to let you know you can enter this in Doodle Pantry May Ch that ends 5/25. Please ck it out & comment letting them know I sent you.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
Doodle Pantry DT

Billie A said...

Wow beautiful card. I love the colors and the look of the layout. Thanks for joining us at Unscripted Sketches for our sketch challenge.

Indy's Designs said...

This is such a perfect patriotic card! Love the sentiment! So glad you joined us at Cuttin' and Stampin!
Hugs,
Debbie

Dawn Frost said...

I really like your card Sarah and I love the card idea for your nephew!

Glenda Atkins said...

Lovely patriotic card and a wonderful way to help cheer up your deployed nephew! Great idea.
hugs
glenda