Monday, May 5, 2014

A paper purse for Mother's Day

My Mom will be receiving this paper purse for Mother's Day and I know she will love it.  Well, what Mom doesn't love a fun purse.  This idea was born from a digital stamp set from Doodle Pantry.  The set is called Purse Parfait.  I enlarged the purse to 5.5 inches high and 6 inches wide.  I then printed the purse on 5 different papers then I began cutting.  This thing is a cutie and I know it will sit on her dresser. =) 
This is the back of the purse.  It has a pocket with a gift card to her favorite store to shop.  Now she gets a fun purse and gets to go shopping with her purse. =) 
I would like to submit this project into these challenges:
2 Cute Ink Challenge - Mother's Day
My Craft Spot - Mother's Day
Make My Monday - Purple and green
The Paper Players - Mother's Day
The Squirrel and The Fox - Mother's Day
Crafty Catz - Anything but square
Charisma Cardz - Mother's Day
Crafty Creations - Anything but a card


21 comments:

Marsha said...

Cute idea. Funny - I made one of these purse cards yesterday. Mine is double sided folded along the bottom. Thinking about giving it to my mom. (great minds think alike)

Rossella said...

This is fabulous. Thank you for sharing with us at Make My Mondsy this week
Rosie x

Janette said...

Really fab creation,I just love it...
Thanks for sharing it with us at CraftyCatz this week.x

Suzi B said...

What a fun card... Thank you for joining us at MMM
Suzi B x

Naomi Johnson said...

Fabulous! Thanks for sharing it with us this week at Crafty Catz. Naomi x

Laura Mackie Stampin' Up! said...

Great card, thank you for joining us this week at MMM , Laura DT xx

Susan Hogan said...

Wow, how great - what a good idea. Love the rich colours too. Thanks for sharing with us at the Squirrel and the Fox for our current challenge.

crafty said...

What a great idea - something a little different. Thanks for sharing it with us at Creative corner

Joanna M. said...

Fun! Love the pocket with the gift card!

Sherrie K. said...

Wow, such a beautiful purse! Fabulous project:)
Thanks for joining us in the challenge at My Craft Spot!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

tinamarie said...

WOW this is so cute!!! I love everything about it! Thank you for joining us at Creative Corner Challenges!
Tina - DT

Aunty Sue said...

this is awesome love little bags like this and thanks for sharing at Crafty Catz

Debbie said...

This is so pretty!! Wonderful paper piecing!
I love the Cato gift card, too! LOL

Mary said...

How fun! Yes, moms love purses or at least this mom sure does and the CATO gift card!!! LOVE IT! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations. I hope you get to join us again in the near future.

Crafting Adventures said...

Adorable purse!

Marie Richardson said...

This is awesome
Thanks for joining us this fortnight over at Charisma Cardz challenge blog.
Good Luck with the challenge
Hugs
Marie (A Charisma Gal)
xxxx

Kate said...

What a fabulous gift card holder! The colours are fantastic and I especially like the "Mom" on the zipper!

Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

Kate
Small Bits of Paper

Gwen said...

This is so fun! Love the colors! Thanks for playing along with us at My Craft Spot. Hope to see you next week!

Gwen

http://thisandthatbygwen.blogspot.com

Glenda Atkins said...

What a cleaver way to use this image, very creative and it is quite wonderful!
hugs
Glenda

Fliss said...

A really lovely and colourful bag Sarah and I'm sure your Mom will treasure it.
Thanks for joining in at Make My Monday.
Fliss x

Dawn Frost said...

Sarah your purse is just stunning! Love the colours you chose!